Whether you’re toasting to your new engagement, or savoring heirloom recipes while celebrating your first Christmas as husband and wife, gathering around the holiday table with family and friends is a treasured Lowcountry tradition.
For inspiration, we turned to Charleston-based expert event planner Tara Guérard of Tara Guérard Soirée for her top tips on setting an Instagram-worthy tablescape, Charleston style. Scroll on for décor inspiration!
- Find pillar candles with a seasonal fragrance to set a festive mood. Keep the candles away from the dining room so the scent does not overwhelm the food!
- Little details make a world of difference. Cut sprigs from your tree garland to tie on gifts, napkins and at the base of candlesticks.
- Make your own place cards. Pin a paper name tag to an orange, pear or apple and set on each place setting.
- Celebrate with music. You can’t go wrong with “A Charlie Brown Christmas” soundtrack!
- For an eclectic and layered tabletop, add pottery, porcelain and glassware in the same color palette. White is always a winner.
What is your favorite holiday tradition? Make this season memorable and join us this #ChristmasInCharleston.